Unicla is an established and respected name in mobile equipment compressor design and manufacture. The company was established in Japan in 1964 by innovative industrialist and mobile air-conditioning pioneer, Mr Tetsuo Nobata.
Unicla’s head office is in Hong Kong, and the manufacturing plant is in Chasan, China. In 2012, an environmental test centre was built in Queensland Australia, where all Unicla R&D takes place, and all products are rigorously tested and validated.
It remains a small, privately-owned company, universally acknowledged for its robust compressor design and manufacture and technical support regime.
Why Choose Unicla?
Some of the world’s best-known vehicle and equipment manufacturers choose Unicla compressors for their reliability and dependable performance.
From its early roots in Japan to global manufacturing and distribution today, the Unicla brand is helping to cool mobile equipment around the world. Unicla compressors can be found truck and vehicle chassis built by Daimler, Thales, Otokar and many others.
The compressors cool cabins from Sigma in Australia, Eberspaecher in Europe to Jit Luen in China. Refrigeration systems for salmon fishing boats built by Pacific West in Canada, to trucks running Carrier Transicold systems in the deserts of Australia rely on Unicla’s performance and reputation to deliver high performance and reliability in critical mobile and stationary equipment.
Every compressor is precision engineered for heavy duty and challenging conditions such as mining, construction and military vehicles, as well as public transport and logistics. Our customers can count on Unicla to perform in every environment.
Industries and Applications
- Intrinsically safe compressors for mining and underground cooling applications
- Compressors for air conditioning systems in heavy construction machinery such as excavators and compaction equipment
- Bus, train, tram and coach air conditioning for reliable passenger comfort
- Transport cooling, covering a range of applications throughout the cold chain including integrated refrigeration units
- Purpose-designed compressors for electric vehicles and systems